Kitchen cabinet refacing ideas – Based on Kitchen remodeling Ideas, cabinet is where you spend around 40% of your budget on overall kitchen remodel. Average cost can up to $8,600 for typical normal kitchen model. You should think twice before deciding to remodel your kitchen. Why not just reface it?
What is Kitchen Cabinet Refacing?
Kitchen cabinet resurfacing is basically a replacement of the cabinet face or surface that are doors, drawer, fronts and also hardware like hingles, handle and pulls. The practice may include applying a new veneer over the old surface of the cabinet.
If you can just reface your old cabinet, why are you thinking to changing the whole part of the old one. Of course, it can save you a lot of money! If you just tired of its look, refacing is the best option for you. But if you think your cabinet need more upgrade in utility, remodel can be an option.
How to Refinish Kitchen Cabinets?
Before thinking to throw and demolish the whole part of your old kitchen cabinet, take a second to see whether you can do something to make it looks different way or not. If you can just make some modification, why bother to destroy the whole part! Here are some DIY kitchen cabinet refacing ideas:
- Replacing Cabinet Doors. Choose what type of door you want to choose whether its custom, semi-custom or ready to assemble door. By changing the door face, you can have radically different from your cabinet looks. You might choose the door with different trim or see-through glass layer door.
- Cabinet Addition or Cutout. Not only replacing the door, but you might also modify your cabinet layout whether you want to add more space or cut it out. Compared to remodel the whole part, this can save you some money as you add some element on your cabinet. Change your cabinet into open shelves is also an option to make different look and utility.
- Installing New Hardware. Installing new hingles, handle and pull can make your old cabinet look fresh. Those elements can be found in different kind of style that match with the whole interior design.
- Installing Veneer. The use of veneer is the most common and cheap practice to reface the old cabinet. It is the simplest and cheapest way to make your whole cabinet looks radically different because you can apply this in the whole cabinet side, not only the door. The veneer also comes in different kind of variety, for example rustic, wood or oak style that comes in wide color from dark to light.
- Installing Wallpaper. Besides veneer, wallpaper is impressively smart option to make your whole cabinet and room looks differently fresh. The application is quite similar with veneer, but it comes in more different variety. You can make shinny looking cabinet by using marble style wallpaper or you can also use wood style.
How Much does Kitchen Cabinet Refacing Cost?
Basically there are two major cost you should aware of before refacing the cabinet that are the cost of professional and materials. And of course, compared to the whole remodel, refacing cost less than remodel.
The cost of professionals is around 50% of the cost of a new custom cabinet installation. The cost of professional refacing for typical 10 by 12-foot cabinet begin at $1,000 to $3,000 for laminate veneers, but for real wood veneer, it can go around $2,500 to $6,500. Then the hardware can cost $10 to 100$ depend on what style and how luxury you want to make.
Cabinet refacing costs about 40 to 50 percent less than a full kitchen. So an average size full kitchen generally costs $12,000 to $20,000 while a refaced kitchen of the same size is usually $7,000 to $10,000.
Christie Mawer from Kitchen Magic
Kitchen Cabinet Refacing Ideas Picture
Before refacing your cabinet, make sure you define what kind of result do you want. Here are some picture of Kitchen Cabinet Refacing for your reference and inspiration:
Modern Kitchen Cabinet Refacing Ideas
Small Acrylic – European Laminate Modern Kitchen in New York is a masterpiece made by Berceli Interior Remodeling. This contemporary kitchen looks gorgeous and luxurious by the marriage of glossy looking marble and soft color of wood veneer. The glossy effect in the cabinet door can be achieved by applying the glossy wallpaper.
Laminate Kitchen Cabinet Refacing Ideas
Oak Kitchen Cabinet Refinishing
White Kitchen Cabinet Refacing
Kitchen Cabinet Refacing Before and After Picture
Refacing cabinet is a cost saving option to refresh your existing cabinet to radically look better. If your old cabinet is still in a good shape, refacing it is the best choice. You can overwrite the old surface by using new veneer or wall paper, besides new hardware and accessories can make it looks better.
Make sure you do research before refacing your cabinet! hopefully you find this article helpful, please share and thank you!